Microsoft Account creation stuck in verification loop. Aug 2022

Anonymous
2022-08-11T14:21:43+00:00

For the past two days I have tried to setup a new Microsoft account. However I keep getting stuck in a loop. To rule out something in the computer I'm using, I have tried on 5 different computers in three different states. The results from the past couple of days have been the same. Extremely hard puzzle, that you have to pick two identical objects out of 7 times. After completing this seven times, I have to start over again.

I have been researching the issue from past KB articles. I have tried to complete the puzzle from Edge, Chrome, and Firefox, with no luck. I have tried from four different IP addresses in three different states. I have tried from incognito mode. I have tried from a brand new PC with out the updates. I have tried from an older PC with all the updates. I have tried from a new PC before the updates. Let it be known that I'm not trying the create the same account in different locations. So the account creation name has been different each time I have tried to create a new username, so I know it's not a black listed issue. In conclusion I have spent nearly 3 hours on trying to make this work. This is defiantly a Microsoft issue that needs to be addressed.

Also note that the product category to choose from to post this problem does not exist. Product category for this issue should be "Account". So I'm posting this in Windows since we are being forced to use Microsoft Accounts in operating systems and for Office product keys. I'm also choosing Windows 10 and the topic of Performance and System issues as this is a system issue!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-09T16:07:58+00:00

    It has now been almost 2 month that you just can't create an account with a computer. I also tried with various IP address, computers, and web browser, including edge, and am still stuck at the robot check loop...

    At this point I am just ashamed for them... to have such a basic feature being bugged for so long in such a big company, and not a single acknowledgement from support, status update or else is just beyond common sense.

    I guess I will not take an office 365 account then...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-09T14:37:36+00:00

    It will work with Microsoft Edge Browser. It worked for me. it gets stuck in a loop with any other browser

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-09-06T19:23:34+00:00

    same exact problem driving me nuts. We want to get a paid account going but want to get a few things established first. Then purchase all the licensing. so not sure why this is happening but it makes you question.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-12T13:14:09+00:00

    If you struggle do it on a mobile device that worked for me first time

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-12-04T22:35:37+00:00

    Same problem here. Never got out of the "identical object" loop on Edge or Chrome. This is a really nasty algorithm. I think Microsoft should be ashamed of producing this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments