Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Anonymous
2022-09-27T22:50:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-11T13:45:09+00:00

    Never got a resolve but there are rare occasions when i restart my PC it boots fine. At this point i believe my system is permanently screwed but ill continue to troubleshoot. At least I can still get in after BIOS and its not a black screen period.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-18T17:20:01+00:00

    If you have the option on your screen, change the input to enhanced VRR.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-29T04:54:34+00:00

    good for you. It still does not solve my issue woth drivers 526.47 and higher.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-11-27T21:41:57+00:00

    Thank you for all the help. It was the gpu extender. It was faulty from the factory so they sent me a new one and it's working great now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-17T13:29:26+00:00

    I guess I tried everything without any luck already. The only driver that works for me is 517.48. Any newer kills my system.

    Here is a MiniDum: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cOyb3pViH3YX\_3i27aOycZwjVu-yApp\_/view?usp=share\_link

    EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff38530fae2d8 -- (.exr 0xfffff38530fae2d8)

    ExceptionAddress: fffff80450e45e36 (nvlddmkm+0x0000000000825e36)

    ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)

    ExceptionFlags: 00000000

    NumberParameters: 2

    Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000

    Parameter[1]: 0000000000000078

    Attempt to read from address 0000000000000078

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments