Black screen after installing Nvidia driver.

Anonymous
2022-09-27T22:50:49+00:00

I've been dealing with this for a few weeks now. Anytime I try to update my driver to a Nvidia driver the screen will go black. It'll make a noise when I click on my mouse like there's a pop up but obviously I can't see it. When you restart the computer it'll freeze on the loading logo. I've ran through a good bit of troubleshooting, reinstalled windows multiple times and even brought my pc to a shop to get the hardware checked. The couldn't find what the issue was and I haven't found anyone who might know. I have a 3090ti gpu, ryzen 9 processor, 1000 watt power supply, 64 ram and a tuf gamming plus wifi motherboard. It anyone knows how to fix this that would be great!

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-12-10T13:51:47+00:00

    Extremely frustrating. 3060 laptop GPU, i9 chipset, fresh out of the box ran the updates. "Ding" and black screen. Gave it half an hour to be safe, hard reset then after "loading" bios screen, "ding" and black screen. 3x reboot to get advanced repair startup, Rolled Back in startup options, works fine.

    Tried to update via just the driver from the site. Nope, rinse repeat.

    Tried to uninstall all and reinstall latest. Nope rinse repeat.

    With DDU clean uninstall? Nope.

    From safe mode? Nope.

    5.16.40 is the latest I can get to install from safe mode with the direct download package (not GeForce experience). But I'm just frustrated.

    This has been happening since mid-November (currently Dec 10 now). So....yeah.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-12-07T06:32:17+00:00

    I have the same issue too. Anyone figured out a fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-11-27T17:07:48+00:00

    I have been having the same issues with a brand new Hasee T8 laptop (RTX 3060); old drivers seem to work fine, but the screen goes black once installed. My eagle-eyed kid noticed that there IS something going on in the background on the laptop display; when plugging in a separate monitor, it works and you can see the very faint outlines on the laptop display itself. It is like a 99% black shade is thrown over the screen. It is not a brightness issue or power saving issue - it absolutely occurs with the driver. Using the monitor, I've rolled back the drivers multiple times and BAM, display works again.

    Talk about really frustrating with a brand new system...

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-12-03T14:10:22+00:00

    still the same with mine laptop. Even with 527.37 version

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2022-11-17T11:18:31+00:00

    Lucky you! Tried it today but unfortunately it didn't help. I'm on Windows 11 + 2080 Ti

    I'm on Windows 10 Pro + 2080.

    Before I did the Nvidia installation I updated Windows, and then I updated my Intel drivers and motherboard drivers, and finally updated the Nvidia drivers. Windows os is the foundation of what everything else is built on (I think, not a tech specialist), so then going from the ground up and finishing off with the graphics is what I did. Maybe this helps? 🙏🏼

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments