Memory integrity cannot be turned on due to ftdibus.sys

Anonymous
2022-08-31T07:14:23+00:00

Windows security recommended that I take an action this morning. It highlighted that memory integrity is off. I went to settings and tried to activate memory integrity. It did not work due to an incompatible driver. The incompatibel driver is ftdibus.sys FTDI oem363.inf. 2.12.0.0.

Based on an internet search it could be a driver related to my wacom intuos tablet (which I rarely use). But I am not even sure.

I do not know what steps to take to update this driver?

I went under device manager, but it seems that all drivers are uptodate.

My windows 11 system is uptodate. I have also done the updated based on HP support assistant.

==========

Solved. See solutions on pages 2& 3 (my own posts)

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2022-09-02T16:26:59+00:00

I sent an email to the FTDI support in the UK, pointing to this thread. I will let you know if I receive a reply.

I have received the reply from FTDI support. They were quick! They sent some instructions.

I followed them and it worked fine for my issue.

Was this answer helpful?

80+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-03-14T03:28:22+00:00

    Did you post the instructions FTDI sent? I don't see them on this thread. Thnx.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-02-26T09:52:43+00:00

    Missing WD book issue was solved by installation of both FTDI drivers (D2XX and D3XX) from:

    https://ftdichip.com/drivers/d3xx-drivers/

    I wasn't able to figure what USB device was it - all were generic mass storage/composite devices, so I installed both drivers as .exe files into windows, although win 11 declared there is no such device in case of D3XX - after restart with WD book connected to PC, drive magically appeared...

    I have s new AM5 board so, maybe it is the issue - Asus B650E-F.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-02-26T08:27:09+00:00

    I had same problem in Win 11, but this time the ftdibus.sys driver was in oem33.inf.

    Proposed solution:

    pnputil /delete-driver oem33.inf /uninstall /force

    solved my problem with Memory integrity, but it created a new problem with external USB drive WD My Book Duo (WDBFBE) - that is no longer visible. I doesn't need any driver in 11. But now doesn't work even after installing WD sw - WD discovery and Drive utilities.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more