windows 11 update KB5022303 will not install

Anonymous
2023-01-13T16:32:55+00:00

sfc and dism show no problems

trouble shooter finds issues but does not resolve them

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T17:55:41+00:00

    David M I am a bit nervous entering in commands but did start sat morning.

    I got started with

    net stop bits then net stop wuauserv commands and got the same messages below that they were not started

    Afraid I was getting in the wrong path, I exited out. print screen entered in below

    questions

    should I have continued ?

    or

    should I go to the manual down load you mentioned ?

    just checking is %systemroot% for me c:\users\david\

    appreciate your help as mentioned not that sure of myself entering in direct commands.

    dave

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2023-01-14T12:00:45+00:00

    I'm having this issue also, but I get a different error code:

    0x800f0831

    I tired the above in the hop it would work, but no luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-01-13T18:09:21+00:00

    many thanks

    I need to run an errand

    will do the recommended steps later this afternoon

    thanks again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-01-13T17:40:18+00:00

    Thanks for the screenshot.

    You can remove it as it contains your email address.

    Always censor personal information or hide it from the screenshot by selecting only the relevant area using the screenshot tool. The Microsoft Community is publicly viewable.

    I suggest doing the following:

    Rename the software distribution folders as instructed below:

    1. Open Start and type cmd, right-click on "Command Prompt", and select "Run as administrator".
    2. Run the following commands at the Command Prompt one at a time:

    net stop bits

    net stop wuauserv

    net stop cryptsvc

    ren %systemroot%\softwaredistribution softwaredistribution.bak

    ren %systemroot%\system32\catroot2 catroot2.bak

    net start bits

    net start wuauserv

    net start cryptsvc

    1. After all these commands are completed, close the Command Prompt window, restart your computer, and then try to update Windows.

    If it persists, download and install the update that is having problems manually.

    Download the installation package from the link below.

    https://catalog.s.download.windowsupdate.com/d/...

    Source: https://www.catalog.update.microsoft.com/Search...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments