I tried something similar a few days ago using woeusb. But I will attempt this method and see
Computer will boot from USB TO LINUX but not USB to windows
** I am resposting this from Asus help site as I still haven't found a solution** Hello. First off I'm new! I built a computer from scratch last year. I have the Asus x570 gaming motherboard. I installed windows 11 a few weeks ago and it has been running fine. Last week, it green screened and now I can't get it to boot to windows no matter how I try. I'm at a loss, I keep thinking there is something I can do other than send my motherboard back, but no one has any advise that has worked yet. I've included a video that, is the problem. Has anyone had issues? Or suggestions. Ive now disconnected all drives but my main m2 drive, I have windows bootable in there. I've tried booting legacy. And uefi. I just don't know what else to do! Things I've tried...
- Checking ram sticks
- Flashing bios
- Upgrading bios
- Taking all drives out and just booting windows from USB
- Legacy and non legacy boots
- Iso of win 10 from RUFUS
- BOOTING UEFI from usb drive and installing windows that way
No matter what I try, it just sits on the window square screen.
ALSO it will let me boot just fine to a Linux USB without an issue. video
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-10-16T16:11:13+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-10-15T23:47:31+00:00 See if this unusual method works to install WIndows from Linux, since it works:
-
Anonymous
2021-10-15T23:39:33+00:00 The only time I use the drive for Linux is if I need to get into files or use the internet. Otherwise I unplug it. I've tried UEFI on...eufi off...I've tried legacy boot on. Legacy boot off. I've done it in allllll different scenarios. Windows media creator. And Rufus ISO. ....I unplugged all the drives but my USB to try to get the windows install to come up and I get the same result
-
Anonymous
2021-10-15T22:44:46+00:00 Is the Linux drive removed when installing WIndows?
What are the UEFI Settings exactly for Windows 10? I gave the settings to check in my second post Installation Troubleshooting Steps. Did you go over them to make sure they were as specified?
-
Anonymous
2021-10-15T22:39:29+00:00 Nothing. Same thing. It's very frustrating. I wish it would give me an error code. Or boot to something ...I am at a loss