c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted

Anonymous
2021-10-31T14:23:30+00:00

Hi, I cannot recover my Windows 11 machine after some updates were installed, I can see that file c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted according to SrtTrail.txt file.

How can I restore my Windows 11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-11-01T03:17:31+00:00

Hi ,GraninNikita

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

I understand that you cannot recover your Windows 11 .

We are here to help on this issue.

SrtTrail.txt file error is a system error.

1.First, we can test the system repair, click advanced options, click the troubleshoot option, then click advanced options, enter the command prompt, enter sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and see if it can be repaired System and solve.

2.If repairing the system cannot be resolved, please try to click Advanced Options, click the Troubleshooting option, click Advanced Options, click Startup Settings, click the restart button, choose to disable the driver signature loading, and see if it can start successfully

3.If it doesn’t work anymore, go to Advanced Options, Troubleshooting, and Reset This Computer. There are two options, one is to keep my files, the other is to delete all the content, the suggestion is to keep my files, and there may be a choice In the case of the account, we choose the login user account name, and we click the local reinstall button.(Resetting the system can keep the files, but not the software.)

I hope the information provided is useful for you. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support.

Best Regards

Hinata Li

Microsoft Community Support Specialist

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here."

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-01-23T02:09:50+00:00

    Hi ,GraninNikita

     

    Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

     

    I understand that you cannot recover your Windows 11 .

    We are here to help on this issue.

    SrtTrail.txt file error is a system error.

    1.First, we can test the system repair, click advanced options, click the troubleshoot option, then click advanced options, enter the command prompt, enter sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and see if it can be repaired System and solve.

    2.If repairing the system cannot be resolved, please try to click Advanced Options, click the Troubleshooting option, click Advanced Options, click Startup Settings, click the restart button, choose to disable the driver signature loading, and see if it can start successfully

    3.If it doesn’t work anymore, go to Advanced Options, Troubleshooting, and Reset This Computer. There are two options, one is to keep my files, the other is to delete all the content, the suggestion is to keep my files, and there may be a choice In the case of the account, we choose the login user account name, and we click the local reinstall button.(Resetting the system can keep the files, but not the software.)

     

    I hope the information provided is useful for you. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support.

     

    Best Regards

     

    Hinata Li

     

    Microsoft Community Support Specialist

     

    *Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here."

    *Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

    Hi, these options did not work for me. I was still not able to boot after disabling driver signal loading. When I tried resetting my machine just says 'there was a problem resetting your PC. No changes were made'

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-03-21T03:04:20+00:00

    I have the same issue. It is a brand new acer SFX14-41G. I notice it happened to me when restarting after I installed Microsoft GAMING SERVICE APP through the XBOX app. On the first reboot!!

    if i only to Start -> shutdown , I am good, but if i do start ->restart, it gives me the blue screen. And it also crashes randomly. It is extremely annoying. I thought I have it fixed after resetting the notebook. But it comes back....This is obviously a common problem. MS you need to do a better job. You cannot expect us to keep resetting the computer!

    Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log


    Number of repair attempts: 1

    Session details


    System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0

    Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS

    AutoChk Run = 0

    Number of root causes = 1

    Test Performed:


    Name: Check for updates

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 16 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: System disk test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk failure diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk metadata test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 78 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk metadata test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Target OS test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 16 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Volume content check

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 15 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Boot manager diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: System boot log diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Root cause found:


    Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active{cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52}.cip is corrupt.

    Repair action: File repair

    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

    Time taken = 1187 ms



    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-01-31T01:06:07+00:00

    I did point 2 but when restarting in safe mode the screen came out suddenly it could not be seen, with an additional monitor I was able to do point 3, I reinstalled windows 11 but the blue screen came out again and the same error. Please help

    I have two Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 Intel laptops but the error is only occurring on one of the machines....

    El log SrtTrail

    El Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log


    Number of repair attempts: 1

    Session details


    System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0

    Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS

    AutoChk Run = 0

    Number of root causes = 1

    Test Performed:


    Name: Check for updates

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: System disk test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk failure diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk metadata test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 156 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk metadata test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Target OS test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Volume content check

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 47 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Boot manager diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: System boot log diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Root cause found:


    Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active{cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52}.cip is corrupt.

    Repair action: File repair

    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

    Time taken = 1329 ms



    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-07T18:36:31+00:00

    I have exactly the same issue with the same file,

    it's on a dell PC, only about 18 months old, recently upgraded to win 11 although I'm not suggesting that's the cause, I don't know.

    This is my son's PC, mine is updated to windows 11 and have had no issues. I have tried reinstalling, both from the hard drive and from a recovery USB made on another machine.

    I am assuming it's not as straight forward as copying this file from another machine, or the repair would work,

    what is this file, where does it come from, or how can it be recreated ?

    The recovery system isn't much help, I keep getting messages like boot media inaccessible, which is clearly tosh, as I can drop into dos, and see these files and error files.

    Its a clear failing in the recovery system that it can't recover this file, searching on line shows this is a pretty common problem,

    what does Microsoft suggest ? Could this be the symptom of some kind of virus attack ? Something caused by a game ? Is anyone looking into this ?

    Windows Resource Protection Could not perform the requested operation.

    not very helpful in terms of why, or what exactly we should try next.

    all attempts at reinstall fail,

    kind regards,

    Gerald de la Pascua

    I did point 2 but when restarting in safe mode the screen came out suddenly it could not be seen, with an additional monitor I was able to do point 3, I reinstalled windows 11 but the blue screen came out again and the same error. Please help

    I have two Lenovo Ideapad Flex 5 Intel laptops but the error is only occurring on one of the machines....

    El log SrtTrail

    El Startup Repair diagnosis and repair log


    Number of repair attempts: 1

    Session details


    System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0

    Windows directory = C:\WINDOWS

    AutoChk Run = 0

    Number of root causes = 1

    Test Performed:


    Name: Check for updates

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: System disk test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk failure diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk metadata test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 156 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Disk metadata test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Target OS test

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Volume content check

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 47 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: Boot manager diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Test Performed:


    Name: System boot log diagnosis

    Result: Completed successfully. Error code = 0x0

    Time taken = 0 ms

    Root cause found:


    Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active{cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52}.cip is corrupt.

    Repair action: File repair

    Result: Failed. Error code = 0x57

    Time taken = 1329 ms



    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments