c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted

Anonymous
2021-10-31T14:23:30+00:00

Hi, I cannot recover my Windows 11 machine after some updates were installed, I can see that file c/efi/microsoft/boot/cipolicies/active/{..}.cip is corrupted according to SrtTrail.txt file.

How can I restore my Windows 11?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2021-11-01T03:17:31+00:00

Hi ,GraninNikita

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

I understand that you cannot recover your Windows 11 .

We are here to help on this issue.

SrtTrail.txt file error is a system error.

1.First, we can test the system repair, click advanced options, click the troubleshoot option, then click advanced options, enter the command prompt, enter sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and see if it can be repaired System and solve.

2.If repairing the system cannot be resolved, please try to click Advanced Options, click the Troubleshooting option, click Advanced Options, click Startup Settings, click the restart button, choose to disable the driver signature loading, and see if it can start successfully

3.If it doesn’t work anymore, go to Advanced Options, Troubleshooting, and Reset This Computer. There are two options, one is to keep my files, the other is to delete all the content, the suggestion is to keep my files, and there may be a choice In the case of the account, we choose the login user account name, and we click the local reinstall button.(Resetting the system can keep the files, but not the software.)

I hope the information provided is useful for you. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support.

Best Regards

Hinata Li

Microsoft Community Support Specialist

*Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here."

*Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

Was this answer helpful?

20+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-07-10T13:26:22+00:00

    I've got exactly the same issue on an Acer Veriton system.

    When I follow the suggested steps, step one produces an error, step two doesn't change anything and step three re-installs Windows 11.

    But... as soon as Windows 11 update starts doing updates and asks for a reboot.. BANG! Same thing all over again.

    I've checked the SSD, checked it again and again, nothing seems to be wrong with it, it's purely this:

    Boot critical file c:\efi\microsoft\boot\cipolicies\active{cdd5cb55-db68-4d71-aa38-3df2b6473a52}.cip is corrupt.

    Data seems to be safe for the time being, but looking at the number of people replying to this post there seems to be a rather structural issue in Windows 11!

    It's time for you to wake up Microsoft... there's a growing number of people with useless PC's at the moment!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-05-14T19:07:29+00:00

    Finnaly i solve my problem,

    in my experince , this problem is come up with driver devices update.

    my laptop acer aspire 5, updated acer paltform driver.

    i rollaback the driver

    then for prevent update in the future i followed this trick

    https://allthings.how/how-to-uninstall-roll-back-driver-updates-on-windows-11/?msclkid=dfddb25ad00a11ecb47c00037f8fa474

    it has been for 4 days, my laptop run as expected without BSOD.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-02-07T20:32:44+00:00

    Hi I have exactly the same issue,

    I have tried these solutions, but they don't work,

    when I tried sfc /scannow

    all I get is the error message,

    Windows Resource Protection Could not perform the requested operation.

    restarting in safe mode or with disable driver signature doesn't work,

    trying to re install doesn't work, wether or not I use local, or from a USB stick as the installing source,

    this seems quiet a common issue, please could you reply here with some suggestions, more info on a reply to another post,

    what is this file ? where would it be on an installed system ? can I use a file from another system and if not, how can I recreate

    or build this file for my system ?

    many thanks,

    Gez

    Hi ,GraninNikita

     

    Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for sharing your concern with us today.

     

    I understand that you cannot recover your Windows 11 .

    We are here to help on this issue.

    SrtTrail.txt file error is a system error.

    1.First, we can test the system repair, click advanced options, click the troubleshoot option, then click advanced options, enter the command prompt, enter sfc /scannow in the command prompt, and see if it can be repaired System and solve.

    2.If repairing the system cannot be resolved, please try to click Advanced Options, click the Troubleshooting option, click Advanced Options, click Startup Settings, click the restart button, choose to disable the driver signature loading, and see if it can start successfully

    3.If it doesn’t work anymore, go to Advanced Options, Troubleshooting, and Reset This Computer. There are two options, one is to keep my files, the other is to delete all the content, the suggestion is to keep my files, and there may be a choice In the case of the account, we choose the login user account name, and we click the local reinstall button.(Resetting the system can keep the files, but not the software.)

     

    I hope the information provided is useful for you. If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to our support.

     

    Best Regards

     

    Hinata Li

     

    Microsoft Community Support Specialist

     

    *Beware of scammers posting fake support numbers here."

    *Kindly Mark and Vote this reply if it helps, as it will be beneficial to more community members reading here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2022-02-02T14:21:29+00:00

    三个方法都试过了,没有效果……

    连重置计算机都无法重置

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments