Hi Animish
Since the Health check tool indicates your PC is compatible, you can go ahead and update to Windows 11 using the Installation assistant on the link below.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
When I leave my laptop untouched for a while it goes to sleep mode, but now windows just crashes. When I try to boot it it does not respond and after some time the fans just start blowing on full speed. I just press the power button for 5 seconds to shut it down and then re-boot it. I tried doing the system diagnostic scan like (msdt.exe -id DeviceDiagnostic) and (sfc /scannow) and then restarted my laptop,
but nothing seems to be working.
I read a post about a similar issue, it was advised to update the BIOS, but I am unable to do so because the MyAsus app has updated and now it does not log me in, cannot recognize my laptop and thus does not give me any update options, the only thing it is good at is showing advertisements. I manually updated it again, registered my product and now it says "Sorry, we haven't provided ASUS Premium Care yet at the moment".
SYSTEM INFO
ASUS VivoBook 15 M509DA - MJ542T
Version 21H1 (OS Build 19043.1348)
CPU - AMD Ryzen 3500U with Radeon Vega 8 Graphics Mobile
RAM - 12GB (upgraded from 4GB)
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Hi Animish
Since the Health check tool indicates your PC is compatible, you can go ahead and update to Windows 11 using the Installation assistant on the link below.
Yes, the Windows PC Health Check App says that my PC meet all system requirements including TPM 2.0.
Hi Animish
Is your system indicated as compatible with Windows11?
My important data is backed up so should I update it to windows 11 with an Media creation tool as I did not get any update notification from windows. Also what about the drivers, there are windows 11 drivers for my hardware on AMD's website but my PC wont allow any driver updates except from the manufacture's website.
Hi Animish
Those minidump files also indicated that AMD driver (atikmpag.sys)
Using the ISO should not delete your files, provided you run that form inside Windows, you will see the option to keep your files and apps at the start of the upgrade.
However, as always, you should have a backup of your personal files.