I have the same CPU and Graphics Card as you do. I have an HP 17t special order, and it still rocks. I am not happy about this issue with Windows 11. It makes no sense. I'm following in the event you find any reasonable answers or solutions.
Intel Core i7-6700HQ Not Getting The Windows 11 Update?
Hi there,
The Intel core i7-6700HQ is still even in 2021, a pretty powerful CPU, what led Microsoft to decide that PC users with this CPU should not get an update to windows 11? It is not so that this CPU can't handle the Windows 11 operating system. Should older PC's with still powerful enough CPU's be left out? Is this "good business" for Microsoft?
Would appreciate your insights and comments on this,
Thank you!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
48 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Deleted
This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.
Comments have been turned off. Learn more
-
Anonymous
2023-07-20T04:57:28+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-07-02T20:22:23+00:00 I am still curious about this. I have an alienware with the same processor it has 4 cores, PC health check app only points out my processor for incompatibility everything else is fine. It meets the 2-core and 1 GHz minimum requirements for the processor. Im considering downloading and trying it out. I wish it was a little more detailed or somewhere we could go to actually verify because it doesn't feel like enough of an explanation on its own when it does meet the hardware requirements just my processor isn't supported, I wish I knew the reason, idk if maybe they just don't want people using that older generation.
-
Anonymous
2023-01-03T20:34:31+00:00 I have now purchased a MacBook Air with their M1 chip and an iPad 13".... All is good!
-
Anonymous
2022-08-09T12:16:43+00:00 incredibile scelta...
i7 è ancora della famiglia x86...quindi di che compatibilità parliamo ?
atom supporta win11 un rutto di processore...
una volta scaduto e non mantenibile win10 ci buttero' su una buona edizione di linux.