Тоже мучался с этим принтером Р1102 по кабелю USB, а ларчик просто открывается, при установке драйвера выбирайте не hp Laserjet P1102, а Р1560 и все сразу заработало и определился главное принтер Р1102, вот такие чудеса.
Windows 11 can't install HP LaserJet P1102W Windows 10 driver
Hello...
I am trying to install my HP LaserJet P1102W in Windows 11 Pro 64 bits using the Windows 10 driver I used before.
After detecting the printer by way of the USB cable and identifying it, the driver installation shows "Printer installation failed. A new printer was not installed".
Even though the printer is no longer supported by HP, I hoped I could still use it with Windows 11.
I have followed all the instructions from all HP tools like Easy Start, Print Scan Doctor and no one of them could even detect the printer. I have restarted windows several times, disconnected and reconnected the USB cable, turned the printer on and off, tried to connect it through the Wi-Fi, and unfortunately, none of that has made any difference. Just the complete driver installation tool is able to detect the printer, every single time it runs.
If anyone can share any suggestion, any hunch, I would be very grateful.
Thanks for your time.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-03-07T15:56:05+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-01-15T15:29:44+00:00 Спасибо! Помогло!
Добавлю, что в SlUtility64.exe две кнопки PC и Printer. Обе нужно деактивировать.
После этого достаточно повторно запустить установку HpSetup.exe и принтер установиться до конца.
Мой принтер HP LaserJet P1102.
-
Anonymous
2022-11-21T09:31:40+00:00 This totally works. HP maan what are they doing?! Such a shame
-
Anonymous
2022-05-04T04:33:06+00:00 Same problem to install and setup this printer hp p1102w BUT I did get it to work finally...
HP website is hard to use and does not seem to work. Here's the page for drivers for win 10: https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-laserjet-pro-p1102-printer-series/4110394/model/4110306
As noted above this is the main driver link? https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/COL32431/bi-80329-12/hp_LJP1100_P1560_P1600_Full_Solution-v20180815-50157037_1.exe
But I could not get it to work...
There is also a utility called HP Print & Scan doctor so I tried that. Again I could not download from HP but if you google it you can find other download sites.
It took a while to install and then to find my printer on the network but after several tries it did find it and INSTALL it successfully. I just printed on it so I can verify that it works!
So YES it is possible to get this printer working in Windows 11. Neither HP nor Microsoft seem to want to help you to do this, but it can be done!
You may read elsewhere that this printer is "not" compatible: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-install-driver-for-hp-lj-p1102-in-windows/5713dd89-9066-4a70-8af5-0ebbef8d4840
Whatever that means... but it is possible to use the printer using (I presume) the win 10 drivers.
Don't listen to HP or MS telling you it is not possible, because it is. Good luck!
-
Anonymous
2022-03-07T10:43:14+00:00 Paulo, thanks.
By installing the new driver, the problem was solved and there was no need to go to the "Properties" section
Thank you very much.