This worked for me and it is listed right in the error message. After reading this and getting an idea of the issue I was like hmm I will check out the recommendation from AMD.... come to find out they have a post on how to stop windows from changing the driver for that device.
The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver
Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-12-18T05:19:27+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-12-01T21:08:26+00:00 it works fine for me. Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2021-10-09T16:22:14+00:00 go to Device manager > Display adapters > your video card > Properties > Rollback driver
-
Anonymous
2021-08-31T09:08:55+00:00 I did that multiple times! I wouldn't have written about the issue if it was working! :)
As I said - I'm doing this stuff you mentioned. then I do DDU and everything works fine for a couple of days and it then I guess Win starts to override the current drivers and the issue comes up again. I use System restore to roll back and when I check to see if thera are any hardware changes it says only AMD driver install changed everytime.
-
Anonymous
2021-08-26T13:52:42+00:00 i wonder if someone from Microsoft will elaborate on the matter. I really dont like stopping any updates!