The Version of AMD Radeon Software You Have Launched Is Not Compatible with Your Currently Installed AMD Graphics Driver

Anonymous
2021-07-28T07:57:42+00:00

Although I follow AMD steps https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-300#faq-Recommendations to fix this, I always get it after install AMD Radeon software.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-09-17T15:51:57+00:00

    been having this problem since june when i got my 6700xt, its so annoying, my pc doesn't even have to be off, if its idle for an hour or so screen will flicker, then BAM! all drivers and software is gone, having to install it all again. how does AMD not know about this ??? :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T13:06:23+00:00

    The only workaround that I have found is to pause windows update for a week. Seems like amd drivers are downloaded automatically from microsoft store, while if you open Microsoft store it is not present in the list).

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-26T09:35:23+00:00

    I have the exact same problem. AMDs solution doesn´t work either.

    I have to reinstall the AMD software manually but Windows overwrites it...

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-08-31T08:47:08+00:00

    Update on my end - again it does that. Unchecked win to download drivers, did DDU with the latest driver and it worked again for 5-6 days. Today I turned on the PC and it didnt want to start again. :/ I guess im gonna have to reinstall windows again... I dont know how this can be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-23T09:18:16+00:00

    Just to update you guys - at the moment, I manged to fix it with a roll back of a Restore point (that I specifically did, when everything was working), and so far 3 days its ok. Waiting to see if it will happen again!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments