I am doing an update, if doesn't fix i will follow the rules..
High "system" process disk usage
I am having this issue from yesterday. My computer suddenly slow down. I went to task manager and saw system process at top of task manager window. I tried lot of stuff and did not work. I updated windows some days ago. I need help ASAP cause I use this computer for class.
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-07-25T08:31:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-07-24T14:01:25+00:00 It's one way to isolate the cause of the issue. While in Safe Mode, Windows only use a limited set of files and drivers.
If high disk usage doesn't happen while in Safe Mode then one of the 3rd-party drivers might be the one causing the System to have a high disk usage.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-24T12:21:32+00:00 Why i need to reboot to safe mode?
-
Anonymous
2021-07-24T09:57:03+00:00 Yes, It will remove your installed apps but your personal files are safe.
I agree that the SFC command might also help because it will fix and replace corrupted system files.
Anyway, Can you try to start the PC in Safe Mode and see if the System will still have high Disk consumption.
To start in Safe Mode.
- Press the Windows logo key + R.
- Type msconfig in the Open box and then select OK.
- Select the Boot tab.
- Under Boot options, click the Safe boot checkbox.
- Apply and restart PC.
Let me know the result.
Thanks.
-
Anonymous
2021-07-24T07:00:35+00:00 Hey again,
I don't want to reset cause I have lot of work applications and files. I am doing sfc system file cheacker. Trying other methods