did you manage to update your speaker?
How will I get the Invoke firmware update in 01.2021 if I can't set it up to connect to the internet?
I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.
I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.
It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Cortana and search
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-09-01T17:41:10+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-08-07T13:44:36+00:00 It might be too late now, but the way I got around this was to setup the Invoke using my computer. The computer needs to be able to communicate with BT speakers or headphones (to make sure it has the right profiles).
As I said, it might be too late now, but give it a try anyway.
-
Anonymous
2021-04-16T21:32:25+00:00 Amazing - Im glad it helped!
-
Anonymous
2021-04-16T21:18:32+00:00 It Works!! Great. THANKS ZA_786
-
Anonymous
2021-04-16T20:47:33+00:00 Hi All. I found it here https://cortana.uptodown.com/android/descargar/1926208 there many releases here https://cortana.uptodown.com/android/versions. Now I gonna try to configure W FI in my Invoke and then I tell you.