Do you have a link to the old build?
How will I get the Invoke firmware update in 01.2021 if I can't set it up to connect to the internet?
I had to hard reset my Invoke back in December or January. It's been sitting around like a neglected child because neither Cortana on my android phone nor my PC have been able to get it connected to finish setup. The apps just don't find the Invoke.
I'd like to use it as a Bluetooth speaker as Microsoft has been saying could happen. And I saw on H-K's website that the speaker is going to have to be connected to receive the firmware update when it comes out. I'd sure like to solve the connectivity problem before the update is released so that it's ready.
It seems a myriad of people have had trouble with their Invokes beginning about a year ago; presumably because of Cortana's focus shifting from consumer to back-end. And I do appreciate the rebate. But this is a perfectly good, amazing-sounding speaker that I'd like to continue to use. Otherwise it's unfortunately e-waste. Is there a real solution out there?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Cortana and search
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
43 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2021-04-04T16:15:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2021-03-20T17:11:48+00:00 Perfect. Glad it worked out for you!
-
Anonymous
2021-03-20T02:24:20+00:00 You are correct. It was my router. I had to reset it. Once connected it updated the firmware and now can do Bluetooth only like my other one.
Thanks
-
Anonymous
2021-03-20T01:18:45+00:00 I was able to connect to the Invoke using an older version, but I cant get the Invoke to connect wifi. I have two and one of them got the update to Bluetooth only automatically. This is frustrating.
-
Anonymous
2021-03-10T20:23:42+00:00 I have the same situation that I can no longer connect to my speaker, so the question is can the firmware update be downloaded and uploaded via usb via the connector on the underside of the speaker