I am writing on the same issue, but now it is November 2024. I use the same wireless card Mediatek MT7921 in an ASUS Laptop. And again, rebuild an update due to the fact that the WLAN symbol had vanished. I must admit I will not buy any new system based on Windows until this problem is solved, Although I really appreciate Windows and use especially Excel very intensively, this problem causes me too much time to bear this an independent entrepreneur.
MediaTek MT7921 Wireless Lan Driver for Windows 11 update
People with this card probably experience disconnection and disappearance of wifi emblems on windows 11, and this is a software problem, yet there is only lenovo that has posted the new version of the software: https://support.lenovo.com/ht/fr/downloads/ds552327-mediatek-mt7921-wireless-lan-driver-for-windows-10-version-2004-or-later-thinkpad-l14-gen-2-types-20x5-20x6-l15-gen-2-types-20x7-20x8, why microsoft and other organizations have not done the same?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Install and upgrade
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
49 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-11-23T14:40:03+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-09-16T09:41:24+00:00 this is a solution but you could've went on to the router settings and check for an update if there isn't then yeah get a new router
-
Anonymous
2023-09-16T09:33:03+00:00 If you are using an old router, then after windows updates/driver update it doesn't work properly with the wifi adapter. The other devices connect because they are still compatible with that router. In my case too the router worked fine with my laptop for many months before getting an update, after that it started this error. After changing my router I have not got this error at all. Plus its no harm in trying and replacing it.
-
Anonymous
2023-09-16T04:59:28+00:00 im pretty sure the router got nothing to do as other devices are connecting its either the wifi adapter is outdated because the windows update requires a bios or drivers update etc
-
Anonymous
2023-09-10T09:29:20+00:00 im suffering from the same problem is there any soluction out there ??