have the same problem with focusrite 2i2 2nd gen. On my laptop it works, on the desktop it doesnt. Starts cracking, make weird noise, if change the setting for sample rate or replug starts working again....
Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)
Hello
I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.
While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.
But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.
I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)
Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.
But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.
I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.
I've so far tried
-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.
-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.
-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))
-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)
I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.
I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.
My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.
System Information:
Win11 Pro
Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Processor: Intel i9-9900K
Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
32GB RAM
need more infos?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-04-15T08:11:49+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-04-05T18:51:15+00:00 I have done a simple search and found this link with steps to alleviate some of the sound issues mentioned here.
The following link will place you in the Focusrite support page, select Win 11 and follow the steps. I did, and my unit is working much better.
Do analyze the steps and consider if there could be a conflict with other apps or system functions.
Do it at your own risk.
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/207355205-Optimising-Windows-for-Audio
I hope this brings some relief to other folks with these sound issues.
btw: I have not upgraded to Win 11 23H2 update version, I uninstalled it and am using Win 11 22H2...
-
Anonymous
2024-03-25T09:56:15+00:00 Same issue why can't MS fix this in a years' time? I regret going to windows 11 no advantages at all over windows 10 only disadvantages... if it ain't broke don't fix it... Please fix this now MS! Both on 2i2 and Clarett 4 pre.
Sometimes after waking system up with bluetooth mouse, sometimes randomly, sometimes after some weird BS like:
Special privileges assigned to new logon.
Subject:
Security ID: SYSTEM Account Name: SYSTEM Account Domain: NT AUTHORITY Logon ID: 0x3E7Privileges: SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege
SeTcbPrivilege SeSecurityPrivilege SeTakeOwnershipPrivilege SeLoadDriverPrivilege SeBackupPrivilege SeRestorePrivilege SeDebugPrivilege SeAuditPrivilege SeSystemEnvironmentPrivilege SeImpersonatePrivilege SeDelegateSessionUserImpersonatePrivilegeEvent ID 4672 4624
-
Anonymous
2024-02-28T20:49:42+00:00 same this way was running windows 10 upgrade to 110 then wiped install win 11 pro then focusrite cutting out MADD issues.. Scarlett18i6 yes i know little older but been working PERFECT until fresh install
-
Anonymous
2023-12-05T19:44:07+00:00 Resolved in my case.
I have resolved the issue by disabling the CPU Power Management in the bios.
------
I have the same issue on Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 3rd gen. I think it appeared when I updated to Windows 11. Then I have gone back to 10, but the problem is still there. The sound gets distorted after I listen to soundcloud for like 1-2 hours. I have 2 more laptops with Windows 10 which do not have the issue. Also, the issue is not there if I try with different sound card (traktor 2).