There is now a new driver release for 4.119.3 that may improve your situation.
https://support.focusrite.com/hc/en-gb/articles/13070702714130-Focusrite-Windows-Driver-Release-Notes
Sound issues since I upgraded to Windows 11 (Focusrite Interface)
Hello
I recently upgraded to Win11 and everything seemed fine at first. It wasn't until later when I wanted to talk to friends over discord, that I discovered sound issues with my audio interface.
While using headphones and mic over my interface, everything seems fine at first but all sound suddenly skips or stops completely and my mic gets a 2-4 seconds delay which can be fixed temporarily by changing the sample rate in the focusrite software.
But it just works for a while until suddenly the same thing happens again.
I use a Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 (2nd Gen) and it was already acting weird before the upgrade but only in discord. (mic crackling)
Installed Process Lasso to change audio processing from all cores to a single core and things worked perfectly fine.
But after the Win11 upgrade, things started to get chaotic.
I gotta mention I also have a Beacn Mix Create and also EarTrumpet installed. Everything worked perfectly fine on Win10.
I've so far tried
-to change sample rate and buffersize in the focusrite software.
-Uninstalled all drivers and installed everything one by one to see if I could isolate the issue.
-disabled process lasso (which brought the old issues back (mic crackling))
-ordered a new cheap but good interface from a different brand, just to check if the same problems occure(hasn't arrived)
I should also try to use one of my interfaces output to send my mic signal to the mic input on my mainboard. It should work, but I don't want this to be the solution.
I alternatively tried using my Webcam mic and it seems to be working.
My DAW and guitar amp simulator work too. But they access the interface directly.
System Information:
Win11 Pro
Version: 10.0.22621 Build 22621
Processor: Intel i9-9900K
Mainboard: ROG STRIX Z390-F GAMING
32GB RAM
need more infos?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
46 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-11-28T12:08:14+00:00 -
Anonymous
2023-10-01T10:13:56+00:00 In my case this issue was fixed, when I disabled CPU Virtualization in BIOS.
-
Anonymous
2023-07-20T13:44:28+00:00 I fixed my Focusrite Solo problem. I plugged the Focusrite directly into my Dell Inspiron 2-in-1 USB port, rather than into my Dell docking station. When plugged into the docking station, the audio would cut out after 1 -3 minutes.
-
Anonymous
2023-07-11T01:25:03+00:00 I have had luck fixing the delay but uninstalling all of the drivers and program related to the mic from before i moved to window 11, and reinstalled from website, https://downloads.focusrite.com/focusrite/scarlett-3rd-gen/scarlett-solo-3rd-gen , and i havent had no issues.
-
Anonymous
2023-03-14T18:28:35+00:00 As an observation only, win11 only auto updates win critical updates, it doesnt auto updated drivers, these should be obtained only from the PC makers support site, or mobo if a self build, and any third party card/device makers
I did a manual win11 update. And I've also installed mobo drivers, which didn't do anything unfortunately.