Math applications not running in Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-03-19T11:06:58+00:00

Greetings,

I am having a tedious issue with a couple of Math applications on a brand-new Windows 11 desktop. Microsoft Mathematics and MaThType 6.9d show the splash screen but then nothing happens: they do not show up. Net Framework 3.5 is turned on and Windows update does not show anything left to install. Here are the device and Windows specifications.

Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-9100F CPU @ 3.60GHz 3.60 GHz
Installed RAM 8.00 GB
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

Edition Windows 11 Pro
Version 21H2
OS build 22000.1696
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22000.1696.0

On other PCs - both Windows 11 and Windows 10 - I do not have this issue. Because it affects two Math applications, I guess it must be related to a common cause. But what could it be? I'm really stuck if I cannot use them, in particular mathtype.

Thank you in advance for any help.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Files, folders, and storage

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-20T07:24:04+00:00

    Hi Mahlerite,

    It says, "The item might not exist or is no longer available". Please check your sharing settings.

    Share OneDrive files and folders - Microsoft Support:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/share-onedrive-files-and-folders-9fcc2f7d-de0c-4cec-93b0-a82024800c07

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-03-20T07:19:33+00:00

    I did what you asked - I hope I have made any mistake. The file is here

    https://onedrive.live.com/?cid=A5F19098A1435100&id=A5F19098A1435100%21420&parId=root&o=OneUp

    Hoping it helps to trace the origin of the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-20T05:41:02+00:00

    This is what I see. No mention of subversion. And it's a 30-day trial. This is lightweight and might be easier to trace/troubleshoot.

    Image

    Both programs are busy enumerating the font files.

    In your case, every font file in c:\windows\fonts\ is also present in %localappdata%\microsoft\windows\fonts

    The latter location (per-user fonts folder) is empty on my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Ramesh 181.9K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-03-20T04:07:11+00:00

    Thanks. I think a manual trace might be better because the VBS is set to capture 10 seconds of operation. But we'd like to capture the entire duration of MathApp.exe (till it exits). Here are the instructions to run a trace manually. Before starting the trace, download this config file. From the ProcMon File menu, → click "Import configuration..." and import the file. Start the trace, launch the Math app, and let the trace run till the Math app quits (or 120 seconds max). Once done, stop tracing, save the PML, zip, and upload.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-03-19T18:50:24+00:00

    Thank you for your help.

    Here is the new PML file https://drop.chapril.org/download/24a026c560718687/#D1FJE0-nlDYmDyqmMVPuGg

    Yes, the download file for Mathtype is correct. I do not know if it is 6.9d or a previous sub-version (a, b or c), but that should not make any difference.

    I hope you can find the culprit. Take your time, I have other PCs on which these apps work and I can also work on a Latex editor. But I would really like to fix this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments