No audio after latest windows update. How to fix?

Anonymous
2023-03-16T15:16:25+00:00

The update is "2023-03 Cumulative Update for Windows 11 Version 22H2 for x64-based Systems (KB5023706)" and after I downloaded this update all my audio stopped functioning. Headset, monitor, everything. I have tried so many online suggestions including updating drivers, messing around with settings as per fix tutorial, ran a virus scan just in case but still nothing. Interestingly I found that the NVIDIA audio thing says disconnected. Not sure if that was like that before the update but I doubt it. Again, I tried various fixes including drivers, etc. Did anyone else have this problem and know a fix that actually works cause I am done wasting time on this frankly stupid and irritating problem.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-31T01:52:54+00:00

    While I was away from my desk, Windows 10 upgraded (without my knowledge or permission) to and installed Windows 11. After the reboots, my computer has no sound through the speakers. I can listen through headphones, however. Please help. The only way I can make it work is to use the headphones. My LG 4 hdk monitor has built-in sound, which worked perfectly fine until after this latest update. It has been more than a month, and I can't get sound except through the headphones! I have tried everything I know to get the sound back. I am a composer, and need the sound to write music. This is extremely exasperating. I don't want to use system restore, because it will risk loosing the work that I've done.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-20T20:18:59+00:00

    I have the same problem only with a windows 10 computer. can you help please?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-19T15:55:06+00:00

    i still have no audio and i dont have an headset.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-27T10:37:50+00:00

    Having the same issue right now

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T18:36:23+00:00

    Hi DistApsis,

    I'm Paul and I'm here to help you with your concern.

    Since the issue happened after an update, I will first suggest that you use System Restore to restore your Windows to the point before the issue persists.
    To open System Restore, Press Windows Key + R > Type and enter: rstrui.exe.

    I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions and keep me posted.

    ive done that but i reach a point where they say create a restore point and i dont know what to do

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments