Windows Setting crashes on display menu

Anonymous
2023-03-13T08:46:10+00:00

Windows settings are crashing after a minute of two when I leave it open, only when I open the display settings, but only when it's windowed and not on maximized. I close all programs that are involved in that, but it keeps happening. I did a system check, disk check, installed the previous intel graphic driver. It didn't changed anything.

Faulting application name: SystemSettings.exe, version: 10.0.22621.900, time stamp: 0x12963a0f
Faulting module name: msvcrt.dll, version: 7.0.22621.608, time stamp: 0xc4d8152c
Exception code: 0x40000015
Fault offset: 0x000000000000b15c
Faulting process ID: 0x0x28E0
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1D95527932D213C
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\ImmersiveControlPanel\SystemSettings.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\msvcrt.dll
Report ID: a832f8a6-1929-46ec-abbd-9a4ff62627aa
Faulting package full name: windows.immersivecontrolpanel_10.0.6.1000_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy
Faulting package-relative application ID: microsoft.windows.immersivecontrolpanel

I have looked in to drivers that are installed and found this.

DXGKrnl LDDM Graphics Subsystem: Controls the underlying video driver stacks to provide fully-featured display capabilities. (Verified) Microsoft Windows C:\WINDOWS\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys Sat Feb 18 07:04:57 2023

The last timestamp of dxgkrnl.sys was on Sat Feb 18, so it have to be installed later...

This is my iGPU adapter I am using.

Intel® Core™ i5-13600K Processor

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-05-20T11:11:33+00:00

    This was my the state of the reg values

    was missing...

    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run" /v 1 /t REG_SZ /d lsass.exe

    was in there

    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run" /v 1 /t REG_SZ /d lsass.exe
    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\LSASS.exe" /v AuditLevel /t REG_DWORD /d 8

    Changed the value to 1

    reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v RunAsPPL /t REG_DWORD /d 1

    The LSA switch stays on, but I don't think it went well. I did restart

    Image

    So I went to the event log and look if I could find anything...

    Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V

     Network link is disconnected.

    Credential Guard is configured to run, but is not licensed. Credential Guard was not started.

    LSA package is not signed as expected. This can cause unexpected behaviour with Credential Guard.

    PackageName: negoexts

    PackageName: kerberos

    PackageName: msv1_0

    PackageName: tspkg

    PackageName: pku2u

    PackageName: cloudap

    PackageName: wdigest

    PackageName: schannel

    PackageName: sfapm

    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

    {6B3B8D23-FA8D-40B9-8DBD-B950333E2C52}

     and APPID 

    {4839DDB7-58C2-48F5-8283-E1D1807D0D7D}

     to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

    The description for Event ID 6062 from source Netwtw12 cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

    If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

    The following information was included with the event: 

    \Device\NDMP3

    Intel(R) Wi-Fi 6E AX211 160MHz

    The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

    The server {8CFC164F-4BE5-4FDD-94E9-E2AF73ED4A19} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Launch permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

    Windows.SecurityCenter.SecurityAppBroker

     and APPID 

    Unavailable

     to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

    WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

    Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netwtw6e.inf_amd64_0733664dd1b56944\IntelIHVRouter12.dll

    Intel(R) Ethernet Controller I226-V

     Network link is disconnected.

    The server Microsoft.Windows.ShellExperienceHost_10.0.22621.900_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy!App did not register with DCOM within the required timeout.

    WLAN Extensibility Module has stopped.

    Module Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository\netwtw6e.inf_amd64_0733664dd1b56944\IntelIHVRouter12.dll

    Name resolution for the name _ldap._tcp.dc._msdcs.home timed out after none of the configured DNS servers responded. Client PID 2372.

    Don't know if it is related, but I have to say I did uninstall onedrive and I don't like my personal files are send to server.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-19T11:27:49+00:00

    String value

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-05-19T11:18:34+00:00

    reg add "HKEY\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run" /v 1 /t REG_SZ /d lsass.exe

    doesn't work for me so I try to do it manually

    Created a map 'Run' in to HKEY\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer

    I suspect 1 is the name and reg sz is

    REG_SZ A null-terminated string. It's either a Unicode or an ANSI string, depending on whether you use the Unicode or ANSI functions.

    I have the choose out of

    1. string value
    2. multiple string value
    3. expandable string value

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-05-17T11:55:09+00:00

    This one I already did.

    reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v RunAsPPL /t REG_DWORD /d 1

    Except my path is "Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa"

    I will try to do the others if you can tell me it would cause any trouble.

    There are some missing parts in the code integrity, for the operating system dongles are driver child drivers, but they are listed in the input devices of windows system settings. Only parent drivers are reported in 'code integrity', because you know... my input devices are acting strange too.

    When I boot my OS, I hear a sound from some device that has plugged in. But I don't get any notification what it is...

    I heard they already pushing windows 10 to win11. Not a smart idea considering what I am solving.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. VARADHARAJAN K 9,726 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-05-16T07:49:34+00:00

    type below commands in cmd

    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run" /v 1 /t REG_SZ /d lsass.exe

    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run" /v 1 /t REG_SZ /d lsass.exe

    reg add "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\LSASS.exe" /v AuditLevel /t REG_DWORD /d 8

    reg add "HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Lsa" /v RunAsPPL /t REG_DWORD /d 1

    restart windows

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments