My PC randomly shuts down with the Event ID 41 and I don't know what causes it

Anonymous
2023-02-11T16:30:40+00:00

My PC shuts down randomly but most of the time when I'm playing games and sometimes when I have a game run in the background while I'm doing something else. The crashes usually occur when I play indie games but other games like cyberpunk 2077 work fine on medium graphical settings but when I try to play a small indie game I have a 50% chance of it crashing my PC sometimes 30min and other times 20h into the game.

This is my latest bug report:

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T13:04:20+00:00

    I will do that and should I then run the test again or try to just get a crash? Also this has been happening before I got the razer mouse and its software. Thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. DaveM121 934.2K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-02-17T08:17:00+00:00

    Hi OskarRecki,

    Please ensure Driver Verifier is now disabled.

    Driver Verifier indicates it is the device driver on some Razer peripheral on your PC that is causing the system crashes.

    Completely uninstall any Razer drivers and software from your PC, and wait to see if your system is stable.

    Then you can download the latest version of the required Razer drivers they provide on their website.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2023-02-17T02:51:53+00:00

    So you think I should test it and if it's bad I should buy new RAM sticks?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-02-16T21:48:44+00:00

    You have a bad stick of RAM.

    You can run this test to verify: https://memtest.org/

    But this all screams a bad stick of RAM to me, personally.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments