Sony WH-1000XM5 mic stopped working after update to 22H2

Anonymous
2023-05-10T01:18:40+00:00

A few days ago my Windows 11 updated to 22H2 and my Bluetooth Headphones (Sony WH-1000XM5) microphone isn't working anymore.

A few points to consider:

  • Before the update, everything was working as expected
  • Before the update, Windows (and apps like Teams or Discord) would show me 2 devices: Headphones (WH-1000 MX5 Stereo) and Headset (WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free Audio). Now it only shows Headphones (WH-1000 MX5).Note: Only the second option would work to use the microphone
  • I have another computer with Windows 10 installed, and the above scenario applies to it. It shows the two options and the second one works for calls.

I already tried to forget the Bluetooth connection and pair it again.

I'm using Windows 11 22H2 Build 22621.1635.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

46 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-11-29T14:23:43+00:00

    Hi all,

    I had the same issue with my work notebook (HP Elitebook) and none of the previous solutions worked for me. I only was able to connect to 'stereo' and not to 'Hands-Free AG Audio'. I only have the microphone with the latter one.

    I asked my IT support and they told me to do a battery reset. I had to detach the charger and all adapters from my notebook (especially the charger!) and then press the power button for 50 sec. After restarting the notebook my microphone worked again. I haven't expected Auch an easy solution but it worked out for me.

    I hope this helps you!

    Best regards

    Alex

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-24T15:31:03+00:00

    I used the app to back up the settings and then restore them. Then I set the headphones to bluetooth paring mode and connected to my windows machine. I was able to see the mic appear.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-09T00:22:14+00:00

    Update from my Lenovo T14. The latest driver 10.29.0.10273 wasn't working and rolling back to the 10.29.0.9677 solved the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-09T16:05:25+00:00

    If that can help, I eventually gave up and bought a USB Bluetooth dongle (mainstream brand). Works like a charm since them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-09T15:11:05+00:00

    I still experience the issue despite the drivers being up to date.

    The crazy thing is that everything works fine with my old no name earbuds I got for less than 25€.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments