I've been dealing with this issue for over a year. I tried using a Bluetooth adapter as someone suggested, but it only worked temporarily. Today, I finally resolved the issue, and I hope it lasts. What prompted me to try for the fifth time was that I couldn't remove my headphones from the Bluetooth devices list (I kept getting a "Failed to remove" message), neither from Bluetooth settings nor from the Device Manager. Here are the steps I took:
- Open Device Manager as an administrator.
- Go to View -> Show hidden devices. This revealed a lot of new devices, recognizable by their greyed-out icons.
- I focused on Audio inputs and outputs and Bluetooth.
- I deleted all the hidden devices for my Bluetooth peripherals (mouse, keyboard, headphones) as well as all hidden Bluetooth devices. This included a couple of headphone devices, the Bluetooth adapter I had used before, and a few LE Generic Attribute Services. I deleted all of them.
- Reboot the PC.
- It turned out that Sony had released a new version of the Headphones application and an update for the headphones, so I updated both. The update was large and took some time.
- I deleted the PC device from the headphones app and paired the headphones again with the PC, and it finally worked. My headphones are now connected for both voice and music.
I believe that the Bluetooth driver was probably fixed during this process. The last version of Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth that worked for me was 22.200.0.2, and now it is 23.50.0.2. However, since I tried many different things to fix this issue, there was a mess with the drivers. Deleting all of them and reconnecting the headphones probably cleaned everything up.