Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-24T04:46:34+00:00

    Which registry?

    The one where the printer is connected or the device which try to use the shared printer

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-19T16:45:38+00:00

    The driver's install instructions come up in Spanish (or Portugese). Seems highly suspicious

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-15T02:48:13+00:00

    hi darrel,

    i have same problem earlier, cannot shared printer on windows 11, after 2 days finding solution but nothing work, n then i try to add password to shared printer computer, n its worked

    u can try too :

    try this on shared printer(printer server )

    1. go to network and sharing center, click change advanced sharing settings,
    2. on all networks section, checklist turn on password-protected sharing
    3. press windows then type sign-in options, click password , type ur password

    on client

    1. windows+r , type printer server IP or servername, input id and password
    2. after shared printer showed, right click then connect

    Every time I try to setup a shared printer for a friend I have this issue. It seems the only thing that resolves it is to setup a user account on the computer that has the printer attached that I want to print to and then on the other machine setup the printer and enter the username and password for the account I setup. The issue is I don't want to setup a new microsoft account everytime so what I have found works is to tell it your are setting up an Other User, click Add Account and then click the link that says I don't have this person's sign-in information. Then on the next screen you can click Add a user without a Microsoft account. If anyone wants specific instructions for Windows 11, Windows 10, etc just reply with the Windows version and I will be happy to post them.

    Can you post the instructions for both Win10 and Win11?

    Ive been having this issue with our office printers since last year and I dread anytime a machine gets force updated to 11. Our only solution have been to give each user affected their own printer but it is not cost-effective. Cant fathom how Microsoft hasnt addressed this problem until now.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Ivan B 124.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-05T21:19:01+00:00

    Hi , DarrellPBM.

    1. On the machine you are sharing, access the printer properties.
    2. Go to the security tab and add the group or user: everyone.
    3. Apply settings restart computer
    4. On the computer you want to connect the printer to, install the OKI driver from the link below, select connect to the network.

    https://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software12/COL30...

    1. For the HP printer, you will download the driver from the HP website and install it before trying to connect the HP printer.

    Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

    Independent Advisor - Community

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Christine Luna 27,195 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2023-04-04T21:08:26+00:00

    Hi DarrellPBM,

    Thanks for the update.

    1. Please run the Printer Troublehooter.

    Click Start menu and type Troubleshoot, choose Other Troubleshooters and look for the Printer and please run it.

    Restart your device and check if the issue still persists.

    1. Restart the Printer Spooler service.

    Please press Windows key + R and type services.msc then hit enter

    Look for the Printer Spooler and right click on it then select Properties

    Please restart it or choose Stop and Start.

    Kindly check if the issue still persists.

    I'll wait for your update.

    Thank you,

    Christine

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments