Cannot connect to a shared printer on the network Windows 11

Anonymous
2023-04-04T20:08:51+00:00

I can see the network printer on other computers. When I try to connect I get a Cannot Connect To Printer. Windows 11.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-07-26T13:09:49+00:00

    Hi All, found the solution

    Windows 11 (Host PC=Sharing the Printer)

    1. Open gpedit.msc to enable Configure RPC connection settings
      (Computer Configure > Administrative Templates > Printers > Configure RPC connection settings.)

    select RPC over named pipes

    1. Go to regedit (Registry Editor)
      Add below command at the location below

    1)HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows NT\Printers\RPC (Right Click > New > Select DWORD (32-bit) Value)
    (Make sure you have add/have this all command in the folder And rename it same as the attachment below)
    "RpcUseNamedPipeProtocol"=dword:00000001
    "RpcProtocols"=dword:00000007
    "ForceKerberosForRpc"=dword:00000001

    1721789472543.png

    2) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print (Right Click > New > Select DWORD (32-bit) Value)
    "RpcAuthnLevelPrivacyEnabled"=dword:00000000

    3)After add restart the PC!!!!!

    Client PC ( Use this to method to add the printer)![1721789273612.png](https://www.elevenforum.com/data/attachments/102/102095-a0f3a60a0788985b0252caab0e7bc591.jpg "1721789273612.png")May refer this video also

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-28T21:46:13+00:00

    When I find the printer on the network and ty to connect it the error message says "Windows couldn't connect to the printer" the name and address of the computer is correct and all sharing if correct. I have had the computer and windows support access both computers and say everything is set correct and should be able to connect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-02T00:45:55+00:00

    hi darrel,

    i have same problem earlier, cannot shared printer on windows 11, after 2 days finding solution but nothing work, n then i try to add password to shared printer computer, n its worked

    u can try too :

    try this on shared printer(printer server )

    1. go to network and sharing center, click change advanced sharing settings,
    2. on all networks section, checklist turn on password-protected sharing
    3. press windows then type sign-in options, click password , type ur password

    on client

    1. windows+r , type printer server IP or servername, input id and password
    2. after shared printer showed, right click then connect

    Every time I try to setup a shared printer for a friend I have this issue. It seems the only thing that resolves it is to setup a user account on the computer that has the printer attached that I want to print to and then on the other machine setup the printer and enter the username and password for the account I setup. The issue is I don't want to setup a new microsoft account everytime so what I have found works is to tell it your are setting up an Other User, click Add Account and then click the link that says I don't have this person's sign-in information. Then on the next screen you can click Add a user without a Microsoft account. If anyone wants specific instructions for Windows 11, Windows 10, etc just reply with the Windows version and I will be happy to post them.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-10-03T12:09:10+00:00

    My freind you are my hero....

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-04-05T14:56:46+00:00

    I have done all that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments