How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-05-27T13:37:04+00:00

How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-12-19T17:47:37+00:00

    Turn Filter Keys off

    Settings -> Accessibility -> Keyboard -> Filter Keys

    This worked for me!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-05T19:41:26+00:00

    Jemima Chinwi wrote:

    I did that, repeatedly. It shows I'm typing, but input is not being registered. And no, I can't borrow a USB keyboard from someone. Thank you thus far.

    Sorry. I don't know of any other workarounds.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T18:15:40+00:00

    I did that, repeatedly. It shows I'm typing, but input is not being registered. And no, I can't borrow a USB keyboard from someone. Thank you thus far.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-05T18:06:02+00:00

    Thank you for your response.

    I tried the on screen keyboard but what I type does not reflect.

    Don't know why this would be happening. Try turning OSK off and on again.

    Can you borrow a USB keyboard from someone?

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T15:16:15+00:00

    Thank you for your response.

    I tried the on screen keyboard but what I type does not reflect.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments