How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-05-27T13:37:04+00:00

How do I fix my laptop keyboard not working on windows 11? It just randomly stopped working a few months ago but usb keyboards work fine any solutions? I dont think its hardware related as the combination for changing/switching the led backlight works completely fine but nothing else does. I dont know if Im in the right place this is my first time here.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Input and language

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

52 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Don Varnau 19,930 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2024-12-05T15:08:25+00:00

    Jemima Chinwi wrote:

    Hi, I wanted to try the steps in your response but I can't even type. Only the mouse works, the whole keyboard is unresponsive. What do I do?

    Turn on the On-screen keyboard. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-the-on-screen-keyboard-osk-to-type-ecbb5e08-5b4e-d8c8-f794-81dbf896267

    or connect a USB keyboard.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-12-05T12:20:25+00:00

    Hi, I wanted to try the steps in your response but I can't even type. Only the mouse works, the whole keyboard is unresponsive. What do I do?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-10-30T00:53:26+00:00

    Man thank you so much, I was keyboardless for a few days and had to use the on-screen keyboard. You saved me.🙏

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-10-19T16:27:15+00:00

    Colleen Malone Thomas wrote:

    How can you hit windows r when the keyboard isn’t working?

    Turn on the On-screen keyboard. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/use-the-on-screen-keyboard-osk-to-type-ecbb5e08-5b4e-d8c8-f794-81dbf896267

    or connect a USB keyboard.

    Don

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-10-19T15:40:11+00:00

    How can you hit windows r when the keyboard isn’t working?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments