How to PERMANENTLY disable Handsfree Telephony for a bluetooth device in Windows 11?

Anonymous
2023-06-15T02:37:19+00:00

I need to disable Handsfree Telephony to make my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones work in MS Teams (as resolved in this thread).

But, the setting keeps being enabled again - possibly during reboot or bluetooth re-connection.

Is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable the setting for this device?

Aside: I'm open to a fix in powershell if anyone knows the API calls for toggling the setting based on BT connection trigger.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-08T07:38:56+00:00

    I am a windows 11 user and I tried but still not working and you made my headphone like fully disabled when I am trying to pair it I cannot even hear

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-12T19:52:03+00:00

    right click devices and printers and select "open", i have no clue why they though that was necessary in windows 11 but here we are

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-08T08:38:06+00:00

    How do you open the hardware tab?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-12T10:33:03+00:00

    Thank you, kind sir.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-27T18:07:58+00:00

    Bless you for solving this, it has been causing me fits for MONTHS and this resolved the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments