So i did this but now the microphone isn't working anymore?
How to PERMANENTLY disable Handsfree Telephony for a bluetooth device in Windows 11?
I need to disable Handsfree Telephony to make my Sony WH-1000XM4 headphones work in MS Teams (as resolved in this thread).
But, the setting keeps being enabled again - possibly during reboot or bluetooth re-connection.
Is there a way to PERMANENTLY disable the setting for this device?
Aside: I'm open to a fix in powershell if anyone knows the API calls for toggling the setting based on BT connection trigger.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-08-11T17:14:11+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-10-25T21:28:10+00:00 It worked! you are a legend bro, I had been looking for a solution for days.
-
Anonymous
2024-07-07T07:58:14+00:00 BRO MICROSOFT YOU GUYS JUST RESPOND IT HAS BEEN MONTHS I STILL HAVE ISSUE EVEN WHEN I BOUGHT A NEW LAPTOP AND HEAPHONES
-
Anonymous
2024-01-05T18:49:10+00:00 Oh buddy, thank you so much. I did it and it work it. God bless you man!
-
Anonymous
2023-12-23T09:58:08+00:00 Thank you Sir. This works, and Microsoft Engineer should really think about it