FSX API.dll

Anonymous
2023-07-18T19:03:22+00:00

Hi,

Lately my Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been crashing with API.dll as the faulting module.

This is probably caused by a Windows update dating back from April.

There is absolutely nothing one can do to fix this, unless rolling back the update is possible, which it isn't.

The update that's causing the crashes is most likely "KB5025221".

What can I do?

-jessy

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T18:47:15+00:00

    To be honest. I've not managed to understand which updates can and cannot be uninstalled. I just uninstall the most recent update and try to run FSX. If FSX works then great, if FSX does not work then I uninstall the next update and continue.

    It seems random to me. However, with all the testing I have done, the API.dll error is almost definitely caused by Windows 10 22H2 updates.

    It would be great if Microsoft could release a fix so that FSX worked correct as it did on pre-April 2023 versions of Windows 10 22H2.

    If you are also struggling with the API.dll error on post-April 2023 versions on Windows 10 22H2, then please submit a support ticket to Microsoft here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact?SourceApp=smc2&ContactUsExperienceEntryPointAssetId=S.HP.SMC-HOME

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-05T13:00:59+00:00

    same here i had to switch to win 10 21h2 to stop facing this error

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T23:47:20+00:00

    Hi Mattie, but how do I uninstall all the latest Windows updates up to KB4023057?? I mean, let me explain better, I have the latest update dated 01/12/2023 which is KB5032278... how do I uninstall them all, it will take me forever..? imagine that KB4023057 doesn't even appear in the list on the screen... how can I understand when I've reached that one?!

    Thx for your time.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-12-04T23:36:04+00:00

    HI, I'm sorry, my dear, but we're in the same boat!! I've been waiting and hoping since the end of October...!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-27T15:41:07+00:00

    Hi

    Coming back cause it's very inconfortable flying FSX i have a crash with api.dll all the time exactly (4 to 5 ) i must reboot Pc and chosse my airplane to try to fly.

    please help us before all is good and since april CTD with api.dll error

    • <Event xmlns="**http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event**">
    • <System> <Provider Name="Application Error" /><EventID Qualifiers="0">1000</EventID><Version>0</Version><Level>2</Level><Task>100</Task><Opcode>0</Opcode><Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords><TimeCreated SystemTime="2023-11-27T14:44:14.7930910Z" /><EventRecordID>514087</EventRecordID><Correlation /><Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" /><Channel>Application</Channel><Computer>Stephane-PC</Computer><Security /></System>
    • <EventData> <Data>fsx.exe</Data><Data>10.0.61637.0</Data><Data>46fadb14</Data><Data>API.DLL</Data><Data>10.0.61637.0</Data><Data>46fadb58</Data><Data>c0000005</Data><Data>0003afa2</Data><Data>3ab4</Data><Data>01da213eb42e355d</Data><Data>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\fsx.exe</Data><Data>F:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\API.DLL</Data><Data>38af2c94-b1ae-4e7b-aacc-7d9ab87ab869</Data><Data /><Data /></EventData> </Event>

    the new is now with the last update of simtoolkitpro 1.2.0 i have api.dll error when i connect SimToolkitPro to fsx 5 sec later CTD api.dll

    thanks for help Microsoft

    please

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments