FSX API.dll

Anonymous
2023-07-18T19:03:22+00:00

Hi,

Lately my Microsoft Flight Simulator X has been crashing with API.dll as the faulting module.

This is probably caused by a Windows update dating back from April.

There is absolutely nothing one can do to fix this, unless rolling back the update is possible, which it isn't.

The update that's causing the crashes is most likely "KB5025221".

What can I do?

-jessy

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

50 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T08:52:44+00:00

    Hi,
    I recommend everyone that is experiencing the issue to submit a support request with Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact

    This will help increase exposure to the issue and will hopefully expedite a hotfix.

    I did it and all we can do is hope!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-11-13T08:52:32+00:00

    Hi,
    I recommend everyone that is experiencing the issue to submit a support request with Microsoft: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/home/contact

    This will help increase exposure to the issue and will hopefully expedite a hotfix.

    I did it and all we can do is hope!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-11-11T07:20:44+00:00

    having this issue too
    Please microsoft please fix this bug please i request u
    its a pain for us low end pc users who are still on fsx

    from april 2023 this issue started happening where fsx started to crash with error api.dll
    Ig this was fixed in june 2023 update but its been there since august again and no fixes
    Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-10T15:18:45+00:00

    hello

    Today try to do a flight fsx ok simtoolkit ok pilot_core_fsxp3d.exe crash with api.dll error, fsxweather ok

    i try to re launch ivao client (pilot_core_fsxp3d.exe) and then fsx crash with api.dll error.

    why????

    please Microsoft update windows with a no crash.

    thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T11:24:11+00:00

    I don't uninstalling any windows update for the moment

    i have

    Édition Windows 10 Famille
    Version 22H2
    Installé le ‎01/‎09/‎2020
    Build du système d’exploitation 19045.3636
    Expérience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.19053.1000.0

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments