I can say with full confidence that this might work for you. Definitely worked for me !
Windows 11 cannot detect second monitor.
I just purchased a new laptop that’s running Windows 11. I am trying to set up duel monitors. When I click ‘Detect’ I get ‘We didn’t find another display’. I am using an HDMI cable to connect the second monitor to my laptop. Both screens work, but they are a mirror image. There’s no way showing to change that setting because the second monitor was not detected. No good.
I set up the second monitor on my main workstation that’s running Windows 10. No problem. Monitor was detected and set as ‘Extended’. Worked fine.
I reviewed everything I could find about this issue. I tried all the suggested fixes. Nothing worked. All available drivers are up to date, etc., etc.
Another thing I tried was hitting the Windows Key + P. That procedure did identify both monitors. In the settings it did show an option to detect the monitors. When I clicked ‘Detect’ it still came back with ‘We didn’t find another display’ I was able to changed the setting to ‘Extended’. I thought I had it working. However, all I get on the second monitor is the background screen, nothing else. No programs show up. I do get the toolbar. But when I click a toolbar link on the main monitor it activates on the second monitor. It’s a mess.
Has anyone had this problem? Is there a fix?
Thank you for any assistance.
Glenn
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Display and graphics
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
51 additional answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-11-08T11:25:06+00:00 hey! Is your 2nd screen working now ? If so, what steps did you followed to make that happen.
-
Anonymous
2024-10-30T17:09:50+00:00 Go bless you, I used rollback driver instead, worked for me.
-
Anonymous
2024-09-11T17:49:31+00:00 Im having this issue, tried everything that has been suggested yet it still wont work, my 2nd monitor only mirrors my primary no matter which setting i have it on. No matter what i try it wont detect the 2nd
-
Anonymous
2024-09-08T17:23:35+00:00 Yes I’m having the same problem right now it detected both screens tells me make and model all that but display anything