Hello i dunno if this will help i had the game crashing after update screen when loading bar was half way well i tried everything ..still crashing ..and rebooted still crashing but this time went in the nvidia app and optimised game with the app and run game and it worked fine and has worked since only optimised in app once and run from app once .... now runs from icon on desktop aswell no probs ...i hope this makes sense and helps
Microsoft Flight Sim 2020 crashing on start up
Hello,
I tried launching MSFS 2020 today on my PC but it crashes at the loading screen every time, regardless of safe mode or normal.
My drivers are up to date and my microsoft/xbox sign in details are correct.
Nvidia Geforce RTX 4070 Ti
Driver version 537.13
AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor
31.89 GB RAM
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Gaming
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
52 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2025-03-03T16:33:34+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-08-03T18:46:49+00:00 It's because the software is a piece of garbage. I've had nothing but problems from the moment it was released. Anything from complete hardware shutdowns, to working flawlessly, to crashing to desktop on startup. ALL COMPLETELY RANDOM. So much fun. Can't wait for their new release so I can experience more problems :)
-
Anonymous
2024-07-31T20:40:10+00:00 i disabled the openrx tool kit and all is fine again..
-
Anonymous
2024-01-17T16:34:38+00:00 Did you fix that problem? I need help for this
-
Anonymous
2024-01-14T11:04:56+00:00 Tried that but I'm not playing on Xbox.