How to unlock a device i locked

Anonymous
2023-08-21T20:01:07+00:00

* * Mod note: Brought here by a search? See the possible solution by ArthurNOL on page 4 of this thread. It helped a few people.

I locked a device when the person i gave the device didn’t return it the day they mentioned they would return, they returned my device just now and i cannot find any unlock option in my phone in the Microsoft site (which i used to lock the device using this Microsoft account). The message shown in my laptop after entering my PIN is as follows: “An administrator has restricted sign in. To sign in, make sure your device is connected to the internet, and have your administrator sign in first”. My device (the laptop which is locked) is connected to the internet and i have signed into my Microsoft account using my phone., But this message is still shown after countless time’s restarting my laptop.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Accounts, profiles, and login

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

53 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-14T02:13:20+00:00

    I was told they could send a tech for $255. I said all he will do is just change some numbers around so why cant’t I do it and he said if it was possible for me to do it I wouldn’t be talking with him. I’m going to take mine to the Geek Suad in Best Buy. I was told if it under and hour to fix it’s not as expensive as everyone thinks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-02-21T22:38:17+00:00

    same problem here, i don´t understand why there is such an option (lock device) if it doesn´t work properly as to unlock it, it really is frustating and time consuming, and now i´m going to lose all my files

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-04T21:28:47+00:00

    How did you reset your laptop? Was it a factory reset where you loose everything that is not backed up?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-09-11T14:37:21+00:00

    Hello again,

    Please use another Desktop device such as a laptop or use your mobile browser in desktop mode to access the website and please provide a picture of what you see. There should be an option, but I should be able to see what you are seeing to provide better information.

    Cristiana

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-09-06T07:00:12+00:00

    What device are you using to access the website? Can you also send me a screenshot of what you see on that page?

    Cristiana

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments