Windows Update ERROR

Anonymous
2023-08-05T06:53:29+00:00

Greetings

Last night i updated windows 11 and i got an error,

Windows Intelligence Update

Install Error 0x80070057

I am unable to complete the update no matter what, i have tried restarting the PC as well but no good.

Thanks

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T14:42:30+00:00

    I have the exact same issue on WIndows 11 Canary Build 25921 on two of my machines and its driven me nuts...I can't find a solution anywhere. I have ended up just "pausing" updates for the next 1 week (in Windows Update menu) and now I can reboot etc without the nagging message about the "pending" update...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T10:31:34+00:00

    I've tried it again and now update KB5028949 (update for .NET Framework 3.5 en 4.8.1) keeps asking for a reboot after every reboot... :S

    Now I have 2 updates with a problem. I've tried a system restore (the earliest one was from 4 day's back), but both problems are still there.

    Does anyone know a solution (except for a fresh install)?

    I'm having the same problem with Windows Canary. Can anybody help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T06:58:03+00:00

    Confirmed same error on Win11 Canary 25921

    Have tried previously posted fixes...no luck. Any other ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-08-09T06:49:29+00:00

    Same problem on Windows 11. Solution does not help.

    This resolved the issue:

    Open Command Prompt as an administrator.

    Type the following commands one by one, pressing Enter after each one:

    net stop wuauserv

    net stop cryptSvc

    net stop bits

    net stop msiserver

    ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old

    ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 catroot2.old

    net start wuauserv

    net start cryptSvc

    net start bits

    net start msiserver

    Once done, close the Command Prompt and try updating again.

    I've tried it again and now update KB5028949 (update for .NET Framework 3.5 en 4.8.1) keeps asking for a reboot after every reboot... :S

    Now I have 2 updates with a problem. I've tried a system restore (the earliest one was from 4 day's back), but both problems are still there.

    Does anyone know a solution (except for a fresh install)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more