Disable "iPhone, iPad, or Android device" option for Passkey Sign-in

Anonymous
2023-11-07T21:54:48+00:00

As of recent builds of Win 11, when prompted to use a security key, the following prompt appears:

It's insanely annoying to have to manually select Security Key every time, and I want to completely get rid of the iPhone, iPad, or Android device option. There is no intuitive way to do this through the Settings app.

How. The. Hell. Do. I. Turn. It. Off.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Security and privacy

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

45 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-11-08T21:02:20+00:00

    Nothing in passkeys is indicative of an option that would prompt me to select a mobile device.
    I attempted to delete the one listed below, but could not, and still see the aforementioned prompt when any website prompts me for a security key.

    Image

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2023-12-19T16:21:56+00:00

    Did this problem just get worse as now I am getting this prompt before the other one?

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-12-13T16:22:55+00:00

    And this is not limited to Windows 11, also happening on Windows 10 computers. So annoying to have to do an extra step.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-22T15:37:27+00:00

    I haven't found one yet.

    Even more annoying is that if users select the device option to sign in, the passkey never saves to the phone even though all notifications on the phone are on and the phones are up to date and biometrics on.

    just the same "No passkeys are available. There aren't any passkeys for logon.microsoft.com.com on this device."

    REALLY frustrating.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2023-11-20T01:22:37+00:00

    I sent a comment under your feedback forum. I was thinking of solving the same problem. Hope that Microsoft takes it under consideration.
    Thank you David for the post!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments