Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

Anonymous
2023-10-16T15:08:02+00:00

Dell XPS 8940
Windows 11 Pro

Version 22h2

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz

64.0 GB RAM

Two Drive 1.84 TB

It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.

What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T00:29:29+00:00

    My computer is freezing and non responsive. when I try to open word or excel.

    Dell XPS 8940
    Windows 11 Pro

    Version 22h2

    11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz

    64.0 GB RAM

    Two Drive 1.84 TB

    It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.

    What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-05-22T17:52:04+00:00

    my laptop keeps on freezing

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T15:03:58+00:00

    It was a Nvidia driver. I rolled back to previous version, as I reported in Feb, and it has been working fine since then.

    APRIII

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T14:46:06+00:00

    The issue is resolved. It was the Nvidia Card, I downloaded a beta update and everything works fine now.

    Thank you for getting back to me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-26T11:15:44+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for using Microsoft products and posting to the community.

    Since the situation you have described (desktop freezing) is often caused by third-party programs that automatically start at boot or at login, please try performing a clean boot first, in order to rule out the influence of third-party programs.

    Please refer to this support article for how to perform a clean boot.

    Disclaimer: A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. It helps to determine whether a background service is interfering with your game or program and to isolate the cause of a problem.

    These steps of "clean boot" might look complicated at first glance. However, to avoid any trouble for you, please follow them in order and step-by step so that it will help you get back on track.

    Tell us the results, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We may recommend other troubleshooting steps based on that.

    Best Regards,

    Johann - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist

    I do this but my window 11 same as earlier freeze so please reply me what can I do to resolve my issue I'm suffer from extreme trouble due to this

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments