Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.

Anonymous
2023-10-16T15:08:02+00:00

Dell XPS 8940
Windows 11 Pro

Version 22h2

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz

64.0 GB RAM

Two Drive 1.84 TB

It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.

What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-10-20T06:38:34+00:00

    Hello,

    Based on the log, it seems that the network service does not have required permission, so please modify the security permission as the log says:

    • Log in as administrator.
    • Press Windows+R and enter "dcomcnfg".
    • Expand Component services->Computers in the left pane, then right-click "My Computer"->Properties.
    • Select "COM security", and click "Edit default" under "Launch and activation permissions".
    • Click "Add", enter "Network Service" and click "Check names", then click OK to add.
    • Select "Allow" for all 4 permissions, then select OK for all dialogs.
    • Reboot your computer and see whether the issue persists.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T21:38:47+00:00

    Saw that on the boards and did it. Worked great. Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2023-10-19T16:33:53+00:00

    Thanks for the response.
    I uninstalled a few softwares like NordVPN, and stopped others from starting up when the PC turn On, and I found that the computer will freeze after many minutes without touching it, like moving the mouse, or typing.

    This is the error now:
    The server {8CFC164F-4BE5-4FDD-94E9-E2AF73ED4A19} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout. (DistributerCOM 10010)

    Could it be that some hardware goes to sleep? or something like that?

    Thank you.

    Note:
    This is the warning before the error:

    The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID 

    {2593F8B9-4EAF-457C-B68A-50F6B8EA6B54}

     and APPID 

    {15C20B67-12E7-4BB6-92BB-7AFF07997402}

     to the user ****** SID (S-1-5-21-2365239467-1798812253-1680257696-1001) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

    *** Personal information deleted by the moderator. Please see the Microsoft Community Frequently Asked Questions for more information on how you can protect your privacy. ***

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-01-28T12:47:36+00:00

    I followed the link provided by LuisNY in an earlier reply and went to the Dell site and installed the Nvidia Driver. See image below. I haven't had any freezes since installing that driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-01-10T23:01:38+00:00

    I freezes with the prior drivers and the updated drivers for 1/10/24 so I just removed the stupid update and I have no issues now

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments