Yup Microsoft strikes again, I just spent $200 to have my computer C drive whipped, windows 11 installed with ALL drivers ALL BIOS and all updates. RAN PERFECT for a month and then good old Microsoft has to come out with anther BS update and now it randomly freezes even after updating all the recommended drivers again. So sick of this BS over and over and over again, intrusive demanding Micrsoft with plague you until you update to a new package to whatever **** they want installed that prior to this the machine, MSI with 64 gigs of ram 2700 RTX video card, 12 core processors was running just fine prior.
Windows 11 PC freezes and becomes completely unresponsive.
Dell XPS 8940
Windows 11 Pro
Version 22h2
11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz 3.40 GHz
64.0 GB RAM
Two Drive 1.84 TB
It doesn't matter what I doesn't matter if I am using the Web browser or doing something else my Desktop just freeze and becomes completely unresponsive. I have all the Updates from Microsoft and Dell.
What on earth can it be??? Windows is becoming insensibly frustrating!
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
41 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2024-01-10T16:14:51+00:00 -
Anonymous
2024-01-10T21:29:41+00:00 It is the NVIDIA Driver, try to use the "GeForce Game Ready Driver" Version 536.23 and stay there, if you have a higher version your computer will Freeze. I have the latest version of the BIOS for my XPS-8940 and still freezes if I install a newer version of NVIDIA driver.
-
Anonymous
2023-10-31T14:18:47+00:00 Ok, I can confirm the problem was NVIDIA Driver, even after a fresh installation and put all the drivers up to date still was freezing but then I found this link, and I saw they are having the exact same problem, and downgrading the NVIDIA Driver to the previous version stopped the issue.
Thanks
-
Anonymous
2023-10-20T16:27:17+00:00 It didn't solve the problem in fact ir froze after I restarted the PC.
The Erro now was: "Initialization failed because the driver device could not be created. Use the string "000000000100320000000000D71000C013010000250200C000000000000000000000000000000000" to identify the interface for which initialization failed. It represents the MAC address of the failed interface or the Globally Unique Interface Identifier (GUID) if NetBT was unable to map from GUID to MAC address. If neither the MAC address nor the GUID were available, the string represents a cluster device name. 'I am Wiping out the PC, I cannot keep working like this, it is a pain to re-install everything but I cannot work like this, it is too much.
Thanks -
Anonymous
2023-10-18T12:12:19+00:00 Hello,
Thank you for using Microsoft products and posting to the community.
Since the situation you have described (desktop freezing) is often caused by third-party programs that automatically start at boot or at login, please try performing a clean boot first, in order to rule out the influence of third-party programs.
Please refer to this support article for how to perform a clean boot.
Disclaimer: A “clean boot” starts Windows with a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. It helps to determine whether a background service is interfering with your game or program and to isolate the cause of a problem.
These steps of "clean boot" might look complicated at first glance. However, to avoid any trouble for you, please follow them in order and step-by step so that it will help you get back on track.
Tell us the results, and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We may recommend other troubleshooting steps based on that.
Best Regards,
Johann - MSFT | Microsoft Community Support Specialist