Defrag runs constantly

Anonymous
2023-11-27T07:50:16+00:00

Win10 64. Defrag runs constantly, grinding away at my hard drives for no reason. The both drives are 0% fragmented, except for system reserved files which are 40% fragmented and defrag will not touch them. The Defrag is OFF, how do I stop the system running defrag every time the PC is idle for more than 60 seconds?? How do I defrage the system files which need defragging?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Performance and system failures

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
_AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2023-12-12T02:27:59+00:00

I'm referring to how your computer is crashing and has to be restarted, usually multiple times a day. It's either you or someone is force restarting by switching off the power or pressing the reset button, or the power supply is faulty.

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

47 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2023-12-01T07:39:11+00:00

    Did you have any luck running the Powershell command?

    Yep, see below:-

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. _AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-11-30T12:29:47+00:00

    Did you have any luck running the Powershell command?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. _AW_ 69,496 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2023-11-29T08:22:51+00:00

    Type powershell into search then click on Windows Powershell.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2023-11-29T07:28:38+00:00

    I can't seem to find it when I right click on the start button:-

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments