Can you check if your PC is producing any minidump files?
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Troubleshooting
I've been having several BSOD's in the last days but can't find out what is causing them.
I have tried updating and going back to older drivers but the problems seem to persist. Sometimes it takes several minutes to an hour to get a BSOD and sometimes there are multiple in a row right after rebooting.
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Performance and system failures
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
42 answers
Sort by: Most helpful
-
Anonymous
2023-12-24T23:20:28+00:00 I couldn't find the blue screen option but tried all the other ones.
It says no memory errors were detected
When trying this it says "Startup repair couldn't repair your PC." It does say it made a log
When trying this it says "we ran into a problem and won't be able to uninstall the latest quality update of Windows."
I've tried going back to previous restore points and resetting completely but the crashes still occur
-
Anonymous
2023-12-24T23:04:31+00:00 I wish i was but sadly not
-
Anonymous
2023-12-24T20:06:46+00:00 Just out of curiosity, do you play Microsoft Jigsaw? I was getting a BSOD multiple times a day on some days and not at all on other days. I had tried many of the suggestions listed on this page with no difference. Then, I noticed that I never had a BSOD unless I had the jigsaw app open. After a little more research, I found at least one other person with the same problem when it came to jigsaw. I did a repair on the app and I've been on the app all day with no BSODs. If you are using the jigsaw app, you might want to repair the app.
-
Kayece Jan Mae Amizola 16,680 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-12-24T19:47:54+00:00 Please use the Windows Troubleshooter and see if it can manage to determine and fix the issue.
Start > Settings > Update & Security > Troubleshoot. Scroll down to "Find and fix other problems" section> click Blue Screen> choose Run the troubleshooter.
If there is no issue diagnosed, Run the Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool. Press Win key + R to open the Run window> Type mdsched.exe and press OK> Click Restart now and check for problems. This tool checks for memory problems during the process of PC reboot. It will display the results.
If the above steps do not work or no problem is detected, please perform the following steps below. If the first step does not work, please proceed to the next step.
*Perform a Startup Repair
-Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button
-Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.
-Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Options > Startup Repair
*Uninstalled the recent updates
-Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button
-Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.
-Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Option > Uninstall Updates
-Click on "Uninstall the latest quality update" and then click "Uninstall quality update" on the next screen.
*Perform System Restore.
-Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button
-Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.
-Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Option > System restore
-Select a restore point and click on next to restore
If the above does not work, the last sort, is to Reset the PC.
*Perform Reset PC.
-Restart your PC while holding the SHIFT button
-Advanced Startup option will open on the boot.
-Go to Troubleshoot> Advanced Option > Reset this PC.
-Follow the on-screen instructions
If you are unable to go to the advanced option, try to access it through sign-in or Windows Recovery Environment.