(Solved) Internet stopped working after windows update

Anonymous
2023-12-08T11:18:07+00:00

Hi everyone,

I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.

The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).

I would appreciate any support, thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-12-09T12:41:10+00:00

Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.

If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T22:06:26+00:00

    PS - I have even tried using my iPhone hotspot to connect my PC to the internet to no avail.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-01-13T22:02:03+00:00

    None of these actions helped me after reinstalling Windows 10. After the netsh commands, i get a message "no operation can be performed on Ethernet while it has its media disconnected."

    I HAVEN'T HAD ETHERNET FOR YEARS! I DO NOT UNDERSTAND WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY WIFI ADAPTER! Sorry to yell, but I have spent the better part of 2 days on this and I'm super frustrated. Please help!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  4. Anonymous
    2025-01-10T21:47:56+00:00

    So restart once you confirm the network reset? Or do all those in one go?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments