(Solved) Internet stopped working after windows update

Anonymous
2023-12-08T11:18:07+00:00

Hi everyone,

I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.

The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).

I would appreciate any support, thanks.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
David-M 127.1K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2023-12-09T12:41:10+00:00

Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.

If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.

Was this answer helpful?

4 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2025-02-24T16:38:35+00:00

    I have been doing this procedure for quite some time. While it temporarily fixes the problem, it is only a matter of hours, sometimes less, before I experience the same problem. Also, I've been having a problem with crackling in my audio. It seems like every time a do a new update another issue occurs. I would like to rollback my updates to September with the exception of Virus protection patches.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2025-02-23T00:36:53+00:00

    Tried the reset and cod input. Still cannot access WiFi/internet. Works on other devices. Computer Update Preview says 2025-1 Cumulative update failed.version 24H2 for x64 (KB5050577). Update 2025-02 installed successfully.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2025-02-15T16:42:17+00:00

    This made my problem worse I have no ability to look for networks or connect to Bluetooth.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2025-02-09T10:30:43+00:00

    I did it but it didn't work.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments