Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi everyone,
I installed a Windows update last night and my internet has stopped working ever since. The WiFi network shows as 'connected' and it works fine on my phone but nothing on my computer (I tried different browsers). I tried uninstalling the update and pausing Windows Update to stop it from reinstalling it but it still won't work. No internet either when I use my phone as hotspot.
The update I installed is: Windows 11 version 23H2 for systems x64 (KB5032288).
I would appreciate any support, thanks.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Yes. It was probably the VPN that caused the issue.
If it happens again, make sure your VPN is up to date. And if it happens again, even after updating, consult the Psiphon developer.
Hi David:
Hello, how're you?
Here in 2025, I'm facing this same issue after a recent Windows update.
Would the steps to redress be the same?
Tried your first Advice in this chain, but that didn't work.
Please reply when possible.
Thanks, mvjjohn
Same problem occured again after last update just 2 days ago, copilot disappear too, network reset not work and I am trying to reset whole pc. there are just too many quality issues of windows recently.
If anyone needs solution, I guess I found it. Atleast it worked for me. You need to disable Network LightWeight Filter in Network Card Adadpter settings.
Please let me know if that will work for you.
Done, no change :/
By the way I have been getting notifications from Signal on my computer, from the Desktop app, not sure how that works if there is no internet.