"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-06-20T13:00:52+00:00

    This dont work, This Family Safety is a Joke, It mostly dont work.

    Acounts disconnects randomly or there is message that "We couldnt connect to Microsoft Family righth now..."

    Te result is mostly the same, my children can do anything they want with their computer.

    I have Family Link on my children phones and it has its pros and cons but it does what it have to do.

    Prevent may children to spend to mouch time with phone and let mi filter their apps.

    Why Mocrosoft cant do this what Google or Apple can?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  3. Anonymous
    2024-05-06T20:09:43+00:00

    I have the same issue - it's extremely frustrating. New PC with a fresh Windows 11 install.

    How did you manage to get their engineer connected to your laptop to get help?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-17T23:54:41+00:00

    looks like they fixed it, at least for me the list of family members showed up correctly today

    Looks like it's fixed for me as well. Let's just hope it stays fixed. I noticed my MS feedback was upvoted by a couple of more people and it was marked as "Looking into it". Hopefully they'll mark it as fixed soon.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T21:22:39+00:00

    I went to Control Panel >User Accounts >Manage another account, click on the account you want to remove and click Delete the account.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments