"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-10-04T16:13:51+00:00

    Similar for me - it didn't say 'you need to update some info' but instead there was something else in the same place, which required me to verify my identity - once that was done, my family members appeared and I was able to add my daughter's account on this laptop.

    This really shouldn't be that difficult - as the user before me said, having a 'click here to sign in so you can see your family' button on the Family & other users screen would be -much- more helpful.

    Thank you all for your help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-09-23T19:38:23+00:00

    worked for me as well.... I can now see all my family members

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-09-11T19:27:10+00:00

    OMG, thank you thank you thank you.

    I lost hours of my life trying to fix this issue. This worked also for me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-04-06T15:10:00+00:00

    Same here. Fresh W11P install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T09:09:41+00:00

    Service Status (office.com), Teams (Consumer) is the only one down.

    Yesterday I checked on a Windows 11 machine as well, still broken. Is there any fix on the horizon?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments