"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-05-03T23:07:01+00:00

    Looks like it was working temporarily a few weeks ago. Now it's broken again. Microsoft has the fix the issue on their side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-04-07T21:58:05+00:00

    I went to Control Panel >User Accounts >Manage another account, click on the account you want to remove and click Delete the account.

    I think you are misunderstanding the problem. We are trying to add user accounts from the Microsoft Family list. This feature further allows people to set up screen time for child accounts.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T20:03:23+00:00

    I called Microsoft and had one of their engineers connected to my laptop. The issue was resolved. My issue was only for the new laptop, the old laptop worked fine and I had Family Safety up and running for a while > 1.5 years. He removed old laptop under devices, tried something (not very clear) to add my new laptop, added my old laptop back to Family Safety. Then asked me to wait for 24 hours and assured me the problem will be solved.

    I waited for about 1~2 hours and found out the new laptop was added as a second device.

    Not sure this can help anyone but you could try to call MS to ask for help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-25T11:28:07+00:00

    Same problem here. Chrome won't start on my daughter's laptop and I can't make any changes in the Microsoft Family environment. Pretty useless this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T05:37:40+00:00

    I just got the same issue in a new laptop that I am trying to setup. I am unable to add my family members to sign in to this device due to this.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments