"We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. "

Anonymous
2024-02-08T20:59:07+00:00

I am trying to add another user to my computer system, but I get the message: "We couldn't connect to Microsoft family right now, so your family on this device might not be up to date. " How can I fix this?

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Family and online safety

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

49 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2024-03-21T22:22:09+00:00

    I am having the exact same error. I think they aren't seeing the issue they are having perhaps?

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T05:47:45+00:00

    Did all of that and did a clean install as well, its still broken.

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2024-03-29T00:28:04+00:00

    Same issue here. The most infuriating thing is that this Microsoft issue is causing all parental blocks for my children to just vanish. No idea how long it's been down now with my kids able to click on any garbage online they happen to find. And Microsoft is apparently silent on all this? Give us some feedback on the issue that is obviously on your end and not the consumer. How do we get this resolved already!?

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-03-23T19:12:56+00:00

    Same issue here. None of the solutions worked. It's baffling that Microsoft apparently haven't noticed this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-04-02T20:40:51+00:00

    I created a ticket in the Microsoft Feedback Hub here: https://aka.ms/AApw8xn

    Please upvote the ticket to draw attention to this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments